Suburban League (Chicago Area)
Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. The Suburban League, located in the Chicago metropolitan area, was formed in the fall of 1913 following the dissolution of the Cook County High School League the previous June. The original members were Evanston, LaGrange, Morgan Park, Morton, New Trier, Oak Park, Proviso, Thornton, and University High. Morgan Park lasted only one year in the league, because shortly after joining, the town was annexed to the city of Chicago. The fall of 1915 saw Deerfield-Shields (now called Highland Park) and Bloom join the league, and by 1920 Riverside (now Riverside-Brookfield), Waukegan, and Blue Island (now Eisenhower) were in the league. Kankakee joined in 1922. In 1924 Riverside left to join the newly formed West Suburban Conference.