Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. The West Sussex County Division was formed by the redesignation of Brocforce on 9 November 1940. It was redesignated on 18 February 1941, becoming the Essex County Division. It was commanded by four officers, Major General E. L. Morris from formation until 16 December, Brigadier A. E. Lawrence until 29 December, Major General Sir Oliver Leese until 30 January 1941 and then Brigadier H. J. Parham. It commanded 29th Infantry Brigade and 201st Independent Infantry Brigade (Home). It was commanded by XII Corps until 15 January 1941 and then by IV Corps.